CONTESTANT MUST BE AT LEAST 16 YEARS OLD AND NOT HAVE REACHED 22 years of age by January 1 of the year that she will represent her state at the Junior National Expo as Queen
- Must be single, never married, no children
- Must be a member of the National Junior Hereford Association and a daughter or granddaughter of a Hereford breeder who is a member of the AHA or must own a Hereford animal
- Must have been designated a State Polled or Horned Hereford Queen
- May serve as a Queen for her state association a second year
- May compete for National Queen two years providing she did not win the National title and she has the approval of her state
- A candidate may not be queen/princess for another breed and a State/National Hereford Queen simultaneously
- The sponsoring state organization must have at least one National Hereford Women member with their national dues paid by August 1 of the year she is competing for National Queen.
- Candidate must complete the Master of Beef Advocacy Program sponsored by the Beef Check-off Program in time for the National Queen Competition
For more information about being the National Hereford Queen, please contact the National Hereford Queen Chairman, Miss Margeaux Firestine at email@example.com or contact the current National Hereford Queen at NationalHerefordQueen@gmail.com.