Saturday, December 26, 2009

Western Nugget



I’m getting the hang of this blogging now, and I had a great time in Reno! The people were all wonderful and I enjoyed learning about all the things that make the Western Nugget such a unique show. The California royalty, Sadie, Caitlyn and Bailey, and the Oregon royalty, Ciera and Harli, were awesome help in the ring; they all represent their states so very well. I had the pleasure to be in the ring for the Junior and Open Shows, while I was out at the barns, I was asked to take pictures with two adorable little girls who wanted their picture taken with 'The White Queen'. I also attended the social and – the big highlight – the sale at the JA Nugget! The sale was truly something to experience . . . especially from the stage. The passion the western state breeders showed for the Western Nugget and the Hereford breed definitely made me proud to represent such a wonderful breed all over again!

-Katie Killian, National Hereford Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment