Monday, June 13, 2011

Northeast Texas Hereford Association Annual Sale



Deep East Texas where the pine trees grow in Mount Pleasant, Texas is where the Northeast Texas Hereford Association Annual Sale was located… which is basically my hometown! Not many Hereford events occur anywhere near to where I live, so this was a nice and delightful little change. This sale is full of old breeder and new breeders from all over Texas. We all had a scrumptious lunch and socialized for a while before the sale began. I even got to meet a couple of breeders from the East Texas area that I surprisingly didn’t know. Before the sale started the auctioneer did the normal introductions of special guests and ring assistants and I was called forward. The Northeast Texas Hereford Association donated money to my queen travels and wardrobe. It was very, very kind of them to do such a thing and appreciated! After the introductions were given the sale had begun; buyers were bidding and I was sitting while smiling! The sale was a success and I enjoyed spending time with my East Texas natives on March 12th. It’s always a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment